Inhibiting Same Caller in Virtual Queue Multiple Times

Is there a way to inhibit a caller from entering the virtual queue multiple times?

During extremely busy periods we have noticed callers will enter the virtual queue, and likely due to impatience or uncertainty if we called them back will call us a second time and place another call into the virtual queue.

It would be nice to be able to identify if the number already exists in the virtual queue and/or overwrite it’s position.

1 Like

Sounds like a great feature request, i’ll move it to a proper category.

There is a potential solution - to use Contact Db with custom field or any external db to store and query that caller’s call back status. And that may allow you to check if he already has an active call back.

1 Like

Hi Brian,

I’m not sure if BP has the functionality out of the box, will probably go check once once have time.

To accomplish this what i would do is:
-As Ivan advised,use/setup ContactDB/ Own db, anywhere you can store the callers CLI and date last called
-On your scenario, on each call entry you do a search on your DB for the callers ANI/CLI
-If dont exist, create/insert the cli/last call date(TodaysDate),
-If exist you want to return last call date, If last call date is today, this tells you caller has called you and was offered VQ already today, route them to the non VQ route, if last call date is not today you offer them the VQ route
-Obviously you would execute the update/insert/lookup just before you offer the VQ to the caller

Regards,
Meli

I would hope that this new feature would be a selectable one. There are instances where callers can be requesting for the same number for good reason. It is also a way to allow for QA testing of the callback flows and functionality.

Another approach to this could be to leverage the list management API. Create a record when a callback is requested, Phone number would be the primary key. Have a field (column) for callback status and update the list using the list management API to set a value of the callback_status field to some defined value (true, completed, done, etc.). In your inbound scenario you can check the list management API for a previous callback record and force the call down a path that does not offer a callback option to the user.

If you do not want to create a new path or another Find Agent object with no callback option, you can wait until the user press the option to initiate a callback to check the list using the list management API. Then you can play prompt to a user that they already have a previous callback scheduled and can expect a call from an agent soon and prompt if they want to end call, stay on the line for a live agent, or whatever design you find fits best.

It actually sounds like a fun solution to build. I might go do it myself.

A formal feature for this has been released in version 5.16.0. This should resolve the matter.

Preventing Multiple Callback Requests from Same Caller

Starting from this release, the If scenario block contains an option that allows the system to check if a callback was already scheduled for a caller in the virtual queue. Repeated callback requests can be terminated with an announcement. This helps your contact center avoid making additional/unnecessary callbacks.

Release Notes are HERE

1 Like