Inbound Channel - Teams and Slack

What does the proposed feature request do?

Within the technology space we are seeing companies offer a Teams or Slack channel to their customers so that the customers can get faster support working in the solutions they are already using. This requires their support staff to monitor these channels independently from the Contact Center solution.

My proposal is to be able to link a Teams or Slack channel to an inbound scenario that could then be assigned to an agent and responded to in thread. I would tie each interaction as a thread so the initial post in the channel would be a new interaction and all responses would happen within that thread. This approach would work on Slack and Teams without disrupting how most people utilize these features.

What is the benefit of the feature?

Continuing the concept of a single pane of glass for communication.

What is the use case?

Many MSPs or other technology partners offer their customers a dedicated Teams or Slack channel to request support. Those MSP now need to monitor those channels independently from their Contact Center. Bringing in an inbound channel that could route to an available agent through the agent desktop would simplify the workflow for agents and allow an advantage in this vertical.

How many customers need this feature?

We are mainly seeing this in the IT space where they offer customers 99.99% uptime and

How big of an impact is the lack of this feature having on your business?

Small

We actually releasing now the MS Teams support channel. Should be out in 2-3 weeks
I can invite you to a coming webinar about new coming features in the next maintenance release.

Slack channel is up for voting.