EWT announcement is only in minutes and seconds, not in hours

We have a inbound scenario which plays EWT. But the EWT announcement is only taking minutes and seconds not hours.
For instance, in the dash board it is showing actual EWT is 1:20:58 , in the EWT announcement it plays only 20 minutes and 58 seconds.
Is it the default behavior of BP or can we alter it.

Current BP version is 5.9.3.63383

Kindly suggest.

EWT playback is something that can easily be customized if you have a text to speech engine or if you would like to use recorded prompts. I have tackled this in multiple ways.

1. You can grab the $(service.EWT) variable value and convert it to human readable time using the function =formatduration($(service.EWT)) Docs are found HERE for this function.

2. I have used recorded voice prompts that are played based on the value of $(service.EWT) and evaluated by an IF block.
    The IF block is checking the following:

• If the value of $(service.EWT) is less than 60, then do nothing and wait for agent.
  • If the value of $(service.EWT) is greater than 60 and less than 180, then play voice prompt “Your estimated wait time is 3 minutes”.
  • If the value of $(service.EWT) is greater than 180 and less than 300, then play voice prompt “Your estimated wait time is 5 minutes”.
  • and so on until you have what you feel most comfortable with.

The timeframes I used in option 2 are just examples and you can configure anything that works best for your needs.